FEATURED POST

Hair Nymphs

Sunday, February 4, 2024

Atlanta Fly Fishing Show Part 1 - EDUARDO CRESPO

I went with Don Schmotzer to the Atlanta stop of the Fly Fishing Show last week. I always enjoy this outing and we make the day of it. 
One of my favorite parts of this excursion is meeting a lot of the people that I either talk with, or correspond with, through Facebook. Its also nice to just get together with people that I've known over the years.
Now, I'm sorry to say there were some faces I missed seeing this time around...
Jonathan Kylie
Tim Cammisa
Son Tao
Bart Lombardo
Dave Whitlock (RIP)
Peggy Brenner...okay, Peggy did come up from Florida, but she was never in her seat when I came around LOL

So while I missed some great folks, I was fortunate to meet other great people for the first time. That's one of the nice things about this show - you never know WHO you're going to run into.

And one such person is a man I have chatted with a little on the Internet named, Eduardo Crespo.




Mr. Brazil, Eduardo Crespo

Eduardo is the man behind Peach Fishing and Adventures, an expedition outfit based in Brazil. In recent times I've had a little personal experience with Brazil, and have even had opportunity to study Portuguese and learn something about the country.

For example, did you know that Portuguese is the official language of Brazil? And no, don't try your Spanish on them....

During all that, I bumped into Eduardo on the Internet. He was very friendly and even complemented me on my terrible Portuguese. And there at the FFS-ATL was none other than the man himself, Senhor Eduardo Crespo.

Eduardo runs what looks like a good outfit for the expedition-minded angler. He has several nice fishing adventures on the go, from Tarpon, to Golden Dorado, to Peacock bass. You can cruise the Amazon rivers in a fully equipped live aboard boat, or stay in some damn nice looking resort-level accommodations. And the food, well, I know a little about Brazilian food and from what I can tell, you gonna eat real good!




Its a long flight to Brazil, but its very easy to enter in-country as a tourist. And once there, Eduardo has everything from ground transportation to all inclusive accommodations ready to go.
I even tested him a little bit and said, "Hey Eduardo, what if I just came down, caught one Golden Dorado... and spent the rest of the vacation drinking beer and eating picanha*
He didn't miss a beat ... "That will just fine with us," he said.
"It's your vacation and we will do the best we can to see that you enjoy it."
*Picanha is the tender rump cap at the tip of the filet mignon.


I'm not getting any kickbacks or freebies from Eduardo, and I've never been on one of his adventures. But he has what feels like a first class operation and he exemplifies typical Brazilian hospitality. You can see in his picture that big smile, a Brazilian trademark.
He also lives in the US and speaks impeccable English, so there's never any issue with translations. He also has expeditions around the US, so he's kind of a one stop shopping experience! 
And you get a good vibe coming off the man - he feels genuine and sincere. When you deal with Eduardo, you are dealing direct with the man behind the operation, not some fast-talking booking agent. 

I don't know if a trip to Brazil is in my future, but if it is... I would not hesitate to hook up with Eduardo and his Peach Fishing and Adventures.

You can find Eduardo and Peach Adventures on Facebook:
Peach Fishing and Adventures - Facebook

And you can visit his webpage for more info and to contact him: Peach Fishing and Adventures On The Web 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated