FEATURED POST

Hair Nymphs

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Dont Stay Home Because of Weather

The Weather Stopper

originally published Dec 2, 2018

Today was a good re-fresher in something I forgot.
I hate when that happens (the forgetting part).
But, it's a good sign when the remembering part comes.

The set-up for this is pretty simple: We had some 
big rains yesterday, and I was expecting it to be unseasonably warm, today, behind that event. 
Warm temps in Fall.... freshening rains... sounds like a good time to do some fishing.

I was expecting some lingering effects of the passing weather front, but..., I woke to thunderstorms overhead, and showers. 
Then, the weather guy said we could expect severe weather all day, and the worst would come later.

All this was due to convergent upheaval in x7 layer, cross-shaft winds in the perambulate zone atmosphere.... or whatever.
I didn't catch all the meteorological reasons, but he stressed that I shouldn't take it lightly - we are in the path.
His graphics even showed it.

Yeah... this was NOT what I was looking forward to.

So, I did what any angler might do this time of year, under the circumstances - I went Xmas shopping with my wife.

Now I like spending time with my wife, don't get me wrong. But...

The predicted severe weather never materialized.
The temperature stayed warm.
And I stayed off the water because of weather that didn't happen.
Most of what we worry over never happens, I've heard.
This seems like a proof of that.

Some years ago, a friend named Jeff Abney said,

"Don't stay home because of POSSIBLE weather.
Go.
You can always come home if you need to."

I didn't remember this until it was too late - but I DID remember it eventually. I'm a slow learner sometimes. Soooo, next time, I'll keep it in mind.
Something else I remember, now that I think I think of it.... I need to check in and see how Ol' Jeff is doing.
You need to keep up with a guy that gives that sort of advice.

Thanks, and Tight Lines

David

Palmetto Fly N Fish ©2021

Dont forget to comment, subscribe, and visit us on facebook at: 
Palmetto Fly N Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated